Senior Technical Artist
We’re tracking down a Senior Technical Artist that can bring the highest level of visual fidelity to our next-gen console projects, utilizing their expertise in both art and programming to help define the core look of our projects and replicate cinematic film qualities and high-level imagery in real-time.
- Solve extremely challenging and novel problems in creating jaw dropping real-time visuals.
- Advance real-time video game graphics while maintaining minimum 60fps requirements.
- Create technically challenging art including shaders, cloth simulation, and particle systems.
- Develop lighting and post processing features such as health/damage, cinematic filters, extreme weather effects and water rendering.
- Design and execute AAA content creation pipelines, processes, tools, features, and workflows, often in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Prototype new tools and techniques to facilitate more efficient content production.
- Help establish standards, conventions and best practices for asset creation.
- Support the team by debugging issues with optimization, tools, features, etc.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience in a production role shipping at least one well-known AAA game title.
- Strong knowledge of cutting-edge content pipelines for film VFX and video games.
- Very experienced with shading languages, moderately experienced with C++.
- Ability to write robust code that is both functional and architecturally sound.
- Proactive team player able to head off issues and invoke creative solutions.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration in a high-caliber, fast-paced production environment.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines and high-level stakeholders, award-winning filmmakers and creative talent.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for pushing your skills. You’ll be working with some of the most discerning game developers and filmmaking talent in the industry to create cinematic visuals for video games.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our Los Angeles office. Our team is currently working remotely until further notice.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully-stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a bonus plan, a family-style atmosphere and an exceptional benefits package.
Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments to the following email address:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.