Senior Lighting Artist
We are seeking a Senior Lighting Artist like you to be responsible for creating cinematic lighting that captures and replicates the look and feel of modern film.
This role will report to the Art Director, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are open to on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within or willing to adjust to a schedule within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone.
- Creatively compose realistic and cinematically lit environments (both indoor and outdoor) in Unreal Engine 5.
- Light cinematics and playable game environments.
- Adjust and refine color grading and post processing.
- Assist with look development and create mood boards communicating proposed lighting schemes.
- Create (sometimes through direct capture) skyboxes.
- Communicate with fellow leads (particularly modelers and texture/shader artists) and producers to keep your team aligned on goals, expectations, and project schedules.
- Assess and incorporate new tools, solutions, and techniques.
- Create new pipelines and documentation as needed.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- Expert knowledge in visual design principles including color, composition, direct / indirect light, luminance / exposure, and lighting principles.
- Experience lighting and working within PBR pipeline.
- Expert proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints without sacrificing high quality.
- Willingness to make suggested changes to your work in accordance with the collaborative nature of our studio and its creative stakeholders.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Avid gamer with a passion for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and explore.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Unity experience
- Feature animation or live-action film experience
- Foundation in traditional mediums such as concept art, illustration, and/or storyboarding
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide periodic company outings, a family-style atmosphere and a great benefits package.
Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating your experience to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.