The Producer, part of the senior management team, is both a creative and technical position overseeing the global development and production management of our real-time, interactive projects.
The ideal candidate must excel in a very hands-on, in-the-trenches approach to shepherding a diverse cadre of triple-A game developers and external partners with an instinctive ability to anticipate complex production issues and execute effective solutions.
- Own the planning, scheduling, management, and production leadership of the project through its entire life-cycle.
- Track velocity and burn of the developer teams
- Prioritize developer tasks against the project’s goals. Identify if additional resources are needed.
- Define and maintain project schedules for various departments.
- Break down large or complex information into actionable tasks.
- Create and maintain a schedule.
- Track velocity and burn of the developer teams.
- Prioritize tasks w/ Leads to chart the best course to mission success.
- Periodically analyze schedule against real-world issues to maintain efficiency.
- Organize the developer team: infuse structure and maintain unit cohesion.
- Offer advice and solutions for improving the production and development processes.
- Convey creative vision, scope, and objectives to the team.
- Organize, catalog, tag, and track game ideas and contribute to GDD and TDD.
- Build, prioritize, and maintain feature lists.
- Work with Leads to assemble game dev pods based on discipline and mission objectives.
- Be the imperturbable voice of reason.
What we're looking for
- Minimum 4 years as a Producer on a 50+ person team
- Familiarity with art, animation, level design, and engineering production pipelines and software.
- Proactive team player able to head off issues and invoke creative solutions.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration in a high-caliber, agile production environment.
- Fundamental understanding of various game type intricacies including first-person and third-person combat and exploration.
- Calm, upbeat, and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines and high-level stakeholders.
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Proven track record producing and managing cross-functional interactive development teams to quality and schedule goals.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge, and ability to multi-task.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- JIRA administration.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Unreal Engine 4.
- PlayStation and Xbox certification processes.
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our North Los Angeles office. Our team is very careful in regards to COVID-19 and is currently working remotely until further notice.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit, and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a family-style atmosphere, and a great benefits package.
Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments to the following email address:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.