Graphics Engineer - UE5
Rogue Initiative is seeking a Graphics Engineer to join a world class team as we continue to push the limits of Unreal Engine 5 to create blockbuster graphics and visuals for our action-adventure game.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Rogue Initiative is a global studio offering on-site, hybrid and fully remote working options.
- Work with the art and design departments to execute the artistic vision of the game.
- Optimize memory usage and performance across all target platforms including PS5, Xbox X/S and Windows PC.
- Prototype new tools and techniques to facilitate more efficient art content production.
- Craft new shaders and effects.
- Write clear, portable, and highly functional code.
- Smooth out glitches and errors related to any part of the graphics pipelines.
- Develop and pitch improvements to processes and pipelines while maintaining existing core technologies.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- Experience completing at least one full development cycle on a recent AAA video game.
- High proficiency with C/C++, either through 2+ years of professional experience or personal projects.
- Experience with DirectX, GPU, and multi-threaded programming. Proficient with writing vertex, pixel, and compute shaders using HLSL or equivalent.
- Educated in the latest rendering techniques, technologies, hardware, and APIs.
- Strong in math including linear algebra, trigonometry & calculus.
- Calm, upbeat and collaborative attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Avid gamer with a passion for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and explore.
- Experience with HDR, PBR, and both forward & deferred rendering.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit, and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully-stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a bonus plan, a family-style atmosphere, and an exceptional benefits package.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.