Gameplay Scripter - UE5
We’re looking for a Gameplay Scripter to join our team of designers to build a vibrant AAA-quality next-gen action-adventure shooter. Key to this position is a deep understanding of third-person character control and the design and implementation of gameplay systems.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Rogue Initiative is a global studio offering fully remote working options collaborating with fellow AAA developers across the US and Europe.
- Envision, design, and execute combat systems and enemy designs in Unreal Engine 4.
- Prototype, evolve, and balance moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Build and maintain AI systems.
- Collaborate with gameplay system engineers and fellow designers on new features.
- Research and explore meaningful and narratively-relevant ways to benefit combat, movement, weapons, game meta, and enemy abilities, often by developing unique approaches and design systems.
- Perform gameplay reviews, garner feedback, and plan for the next steps.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- Envision, design and execute game systems in Unreal Engine 5.
- Quickly prototype, evolve and balance moment-to-moment gameplay, events and sequences.
- Collaborate with engineers, department heads and fellow designers on new features.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 4+ years of experience as a level designer shipping at least one well-known game title.
- Strong technical design skills and experience with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Proficiency in Blueprint with focus on Anim BP.
- Expert understanding and execution of ‘The Three Cs’
- An uncanny ability to ‘sell the room’ on your game design proposals and initiatives through imagery and verbal skills, pitching such concepts in a clear manner.
- Detail-oriented and able to break down problems logically and thoughtfully.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration and constant testing.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Avid gamer with a love for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and explore.
- Great collaborator who can communicate effectively.
- Passion for character-driven action entertainment as a whole. Inspiration for amazing gameplay can be found in stories from various mediums including films, television, books, comics, etc.
- BA or BS degree in CS or a relevant field or equivalent work experience a plus.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide periodic company outings, an inclusive work environment with some of the most established talent in games, top-tier benefits and likely some of the most challenging and fulfilling work of your career pushing UE5 to the limits in collaboration with Epic Games.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.