We’re tracking down a Gameplay Engineer who can bring technical expertise, ingenious solutions, and a creative eye to our diverse slate of games and internal projects.
- Engineer a variety of gameplay features from the foundational systems to polish, including player movement, AI behavior trees, blueprint scripting, weapons, and creatively solving gameplay roadblocks.
- Work hand-in-hand with Design, Art, and other departments to create enthralling gameplay and fix novel problems.
- Support the team by debugging issues, implementing optimization, and developing tools & features.
- Communicate with Producers to find, mitigate, and prevent technical risks and break down gameplay goals into manageable tasks and scenarios.
- Design and execute AAA content creation pipelines, processes, tools, features, and workflows, often in collaboration with Technical Artists and Designers.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- 2+ years of experience in a coding role shipping at least one well-known AAA game title on console and/or PC.
- Strong knowledge of the C++ programming language, Unreal Engine 4, and Blueprints.
- Solid 3D math skills.
- Ability to write robust code that is functional, architecturally sound, and consistently bug-free.
- Proactive team player who’s willing and able to head off issues, invoke creative solutions, and contribute to any and all aspects of a project in need.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration in a high-caliber, fast-paced production environment.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines and high-level stakeholders, award-winning filmmakers and creative talent.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for pushing your skills. You’ll be working with some of the most discerning game developers and filmmaking talent in the industry to create cinematic visuals for video games.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 source modification & plug-in experience.
- Experience with film VFX or XR production.
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our Los Angeles office. Our team is currently working remotely until further notice.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit, and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully-stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a bonus plan, a family-style atmosphere, and an exceptional benefits package.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.