We’re tracking down an Animation Director to join us in conceiving and executing gameplay animations for our modern action RPG game. The ideal candidate is a team player that can act as a bridge between the Art and Engineering departments and collaborate with internal and external teams of award-winning creative artists and partners to achieve Hollywood action movie aesthetics and feel.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Rogue Initiative is a global studio offering on-site, hybrid and fully remote working options.
- Craft AAA first-person and third-person animations for use in Unreal Engine 5.
- Maintain the visual identity of our project by following the guidelines of the Art Director and seamlessly implementing animation work with design.
- Creatively design systemic animations, working with designers and engineers, to improve overall efficiency.
- Create physics simulations inside of Maya, C4D or similar authoring programs.
- Lead motion capture and performance shoots, then oversee cleanup & implementation.
- Solve gameplay issues by working with designers and programmers. Utilize debug tools.
What we're looking for in a candidate
- 5+ years of experience leading & developing animation pipelines for AAA console games.
- Experience in one or more of the following systems: player locomotion and traversal, melee, NPC character navigation, weapon systems, vehicles.
- Deep understanding of the mocap and performance capture pipeline.
- Comfortable with writing scripts and tools for animators.
- Proven problem solver and professional working with multiple deadlines.
- Serious passion for games and animation.
- Experience in rigging characters and vehicles
- C++ knowledge
- Cinematic and Film Previs experience
- Illustration and storyboarding
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide periodic company outings, a collaborative, inclusive work environment, top-tier benefits and likely some of the most challenging and fulfilling work of your career collaborating side by side with luminaries from animation, film, and science.
Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating your experience to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.