Senior Game Designer
Rogue Initiative is looking for a resourceful and wildly imaginative Senior Game Designer to join our team in building awesome innovative gameplay for an original tent-pole action-adventure franchise.
- Create compelling and immersive shooter combat gameplay.
- Develop missions with memorable, impactful moments.
- Own your vision from paper design to final gameplay.
- Guide development and prototyping of core gameplay systems and mechanics.
- Collaborate with gameplay systems designers, engineers, and animators on the rapid iteration of player interactions and encounters.
- Explore areas for you to influence combat, movement, weapons, game meta, and/or enemy abilities. We welcome ideas and contributions.
- Offer advice and solutions for improving the game and development processes.
- Flex your creative freedom to shape core aspects of the game and find the fun!
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience as a level designer shipping at least one well-known game title.
- Strong technical design skills with Unreal Engine 4 including proficiency in Blueprint.
- Experience designing and executing gameplay for first-person shooters and/or third-person action games.
- Advanced knowledge of game balancing and systems.
- A passion for cinematic language, framing, timing, and set-piece design.
- Extensive understanding of level design processes including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- An uncanny ability to ‘sell the room’ on your game design proposals through imagery and verbal pitching skills.
- Proactive team player able to head off issues and invoke creative solutions.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration in a high-caliber, fast-paced production environment.
- Expert understanding of various game type intricacies including first-person and third-person combat and exploration.
- Calm, upbeat, and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for coupling character-driven action and strong emotional experiences. Inspiration for amazing gameplay can be found in stories and experiences from various mediums including books, comics, folklore, anime, film and television.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with Sequencer.
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our North Los Angeles office. Our team is very careful in regards to COVID-19 and is currently working remotely until further notice.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit, and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully-stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a bonus plan, a family-style atmosphere, and an exceptional benefits package.
Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments to the following email address:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.