Senior Environment Artist
We’re looking for a Senior Environment Artist to shepherd and build awesome AAA-quality content for current and next-generation platforms as well as help us continue to formulate groundbreaking solutions utilizing game engines and expert interactive practices beyond traditional game development.
- Oversee and mentor a tight cadre of 3D artists.
- Creatively compose, set-dress, and light environments in Unreal Engine 4.
- Author organic and hard surface hero content: 3D modeling/sculpting, 2D textures, material setup/UV layout, and LODs.
- Communicate with fellow leads and producers to keep your team aligned on goals, expectations and project schedules.
- Assess and incorporate new tools, solutions and techniques.
- Create new pipelines and documentation as needed.
What we're looking for
- Expert knowledge in visual design principles including color, composition, form, shape, structure, silhouette, scale, surface properties and lighting.
- Expert proficiency with Maya, Max, Blender, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop or equivalent 3D and 2D software.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Avid gamer with a passion for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and explore.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Animation/Rigging experience.
- VR optimization experience.
- Unity experience.
- Feature animation or live-action film experience.
- Foundation in traditional mediums such as concept art, illustration and/or storyboarding.
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our North Los Angeles office. Our team is very careful in regards to COVID-19 and is currently working remotely until further notice.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a family-style atmosphere and a great benefits package. Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments to the following email address:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.